Saturday, October 09, 2004

Rainy Day

It's pouring here. I have two homes now, both covered in blue tarps and both leaking. The trailer is leaking right over the toilet, which is handy for refilling it but not for using it. The porta-potty I got for the work site has been the best investment. Even my mom remarked on how nice it smelled, which is more than she has said about this house or me for that matter.
The two young builder-brothers have been off working on a deck project and have only spent a few days in the past month at my place. It's a bit infuriating, but not much I can do at this point. They expect to be done and working on my place full-time starting Sunday. Still, it means that they will be working up high in the wet when they could have done this project first and then done the deck later. Not sure how that worked out.
I've been working on the interior framing, which is darn near done after only a week. I've started designing the plumbing system, which needs to go in next. With any luck I will have a real roof over the place, the plumbing and the electric by Thanksgiving.