Thursday, October 28, 2004

Counting Crows

I had the monthly trip to Astoria today. I usually go grocery shopping as the last stop before heading home for the obvious reason of keeping the cold things cold longer. Today was different as I wanted to get home immediately following my noon meeting. Thus I went grocery shopping first, tossing the groceries into a cardboard box in the bed of the truck.

I emerged from my two-hour meeting to find that crows had eaten a whole bag of nuts and had started in on a loaf of bread. There must have been a half dozen of them cawing over my dinner including one with his face into the top of the box and disemboweling a loaf of bread. I nearly doubled over laughing. It was a scene out of "The Birds." Most of them flew away as I approached but one sat unperturbed on the roof of the cab. I think he was still there as I drove off.

No comments:

Post a Comment